Monday, April 20, 2009

Another one for tonight.

I'm trying to do one every day.
So, I should say here what I'm trying to accomplish with these: My attempts are to practice immense scale in 1 point perspective, whilst designing in graphic 2d shapes, and playing with layering + people. I've always been intrigued by pieces such as this (most recent one was by edmund at the intern show!)

The narrative here? A guy on a clunky futuristic hover-motorcycle toward a mysterious humongous building. Is he late for work? Or is he exploring? You'll NEVER know-muahahah. I was trying to play with red/pink+ blue in the same image. It came from experimentation with the lights in Mary's class.
I think my shadows should be more purple + green.

1 comment:

  1. I love the engine flare colors!

    can you try doing a full thumbnail of your painting? right now it's not doing justice to the painting

    ReplyDelete